Monday, July 27, 2009

oh my...

Hi ladies!

I'm so sorry I've been so MIA. Our family took a really last minute trip to Korea this month, and got back a 10 days ago. I'm starting to head into my classroom this week to set up, and I have NO IDEA what i'm doing. hahaha. feels like methods again...

I'm so glad we have this thing up just to catch and ask a ton of questions. I'm teaching 1st, 5th, and 6th grade literacy to Korean students-- makes me shiver! YIKES!

What are you all taking into your classroom the first day of set up?

Maike- I use Scrabble all the time with the kids that i tutor. They also tell me that they use Banana Grams at school which look like bigger scrabble pieces. Mad Libs is fun game to teach the parts of speech, and they can make funny stories out of them. You can always use their writing for this too. OH oh.. and cakewrecks.blogspot.com is something that i came across this summer. I read that a teacher used the misspelled cakes for her language arts class.

I miss you all so much!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jean! I bought Scrabble and I will definitely look into that website and Madlibs! (Just wanted to throw some fun days into the mix of spelling and grammar! haha! Hope you're doing well! I miss you! Good luck in your classroom! I'm sure you've found out by now that you just kinda have to get in there and see what you need. Much love!

    ReplyDelete